Welcome to my personal page!
My name is Sebastien Varrette and I'm 29. On the photo on the right side, you'll find me with my wife Mathilde. The second picture shows our son, Adrian, when he was 18 months old.
This site provides elements linked to my activities, whether professionnal or not. I hope you'll find useful things here.
OccupationI'm now scientific collaborator at the University of Luxembourg. I'm part of the Computer Science and Communication (CSC) research unit where I have the following activities:
system administration in Linux environment, in particular:
- a computing cluster Chaos.lu with 18 computing nodes corresponding to 48 cores;
- a second computing cluster with 22 computing nodes corresponding to 176 cores, attached (at least partially) to the experimental french grid Grid'5000;
- the Gforge @ uni.lu platform designed to facilitate the scientific collaborations of people working at the University of Luxembourg;
- various web serveurs at the university.
You'll indeed find some info dealing with system administration in the sections Linux and Mac.
research on the following themes:
- large scale computing architectures (integrity of results and executions, execution privacy, benchmarking etc.);
- network security by immune approaches
More details in the section Research.
A list of my Publications is available in the corresponding section.
You may also have a look at my DBLP Bibliography.
I continue to do some teachings.
More infos in the Teachings section.
- I also realized various documents (howto etc.) that are listed in the Documents.
- Finally, I wrote some books or book chapters. You'll find more details on this subject in the My Books section.
I used to be a PhD. student both at the LIG (formerly ID-IMAG) and the University of Luxembourg under the supervision of Jean-Louis Roch and Franck Leprévost. My PhD details are given here.
Otherwise, here is a more detailed vitae .