At the occasion of the 3rd NESUS Winter School and PhD Symposium on Data Science and Heterogeneous Computing, I was invited to give a lecture and hands-on on “Big Data Analytics”. I would like to thank the local organizers (in particular Prof. Karolj Skala and Dr. Davor Davidović), as well as Prof. Jesus Carretero Perez, for this excellent event.
- Date: Tuesday January 23th, 2018, 9h – 13h.
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
- Slides (PDF) – Reference site: http://nesusws-tutorials-bd-dl.rtfd.io/
- Github sources
This tutorial will offer a synthetic view of Big Data Analytics challenges, the tools permitting to address these challenges and focus on one of these tool through a practical session with a set of concrete examples.
|09:00 - 09:30||Discover the Hands-on tool: Vagrant|
|09:30 - 10:00||HPC and Big Data (BD): Architectures and Trends|
|10:00 - 10:30||Interlude: Software Management in HPC systems|
|10:30 - 11:00||[Big] Data Management in HPC Environment: Overview and Challenges|
|11:00 - 11:15||Coffee Break|
|11:15 - 12:30||Big Data Analytics with Hadoop & Spark|
|12:30 - 13:00||Deep Learning Analytics with Tensorflow|
Title: Big Data Analytics: Overview and Practical Examples
- Focus on practicals tools rather than theoretical content
- starts with daily data management…
- … before speaking about Big data management
- in particular: data transfer (over SSH), data versioning with Git
- continue with classical tools and their usage in HPC
Level: beginner - advanced
Below are a couple of pictures taken during my intervention at the school – you can find all the photos taken in the School photo gallery.
Credits for the pictures: Dr. Davor Davidović