Today marked the end of 4 years of collaborative work with Abdallah A.Z.A. Ibrahim since he successfully defended his PhD. thesis!
Congratulations to you, well done on a tricky subject you tackled with me despite all the challenges and technical difficulties associated to it (not counting on the fact that you had to support our numerous research discussions while I covered your whiteboard leaving it without empty space…). And not so bad outcomes –      to cite just a few of them ;)
For those interested, here are the slides of the defense (credits: Abdallah):
Title: Performance Evaluation and Modelling of SaaS Web Services in the Cloud,
by Abdallah A.Z.A. Ibrahim
One more supervised PhD student who became doctor – congratulations again!
- S. Varrette, T. A. Trinh, M. U. Wasim, A. A. Z. A. Ibrahim, X. Besseron, and P. Bouvry, “Ultrascale Computing Systems,” J. Carretero, E. Jeannot, and A. Y. Zomaya, Eds. IET, 2019, pp. 65–83.
- A. A. Z. A. Ibrahim, M. U. Wasim, S. Varrette, and P. Bouvry, “PRESENCE: Monitoring and Modelling the Performance Metrics of Mobile Cloud SaaS Web Services,” J. Mobile Information Systems, vol. 2018, no. 1351386, Aug. 2018.
- A. A. Z. A. Ibrahim, U. Wasim, S. Varrette, and P. Bouvry, “PRESENCE: Performance Metrics Models for Cloud SaaS Web Services,” in Proc. of the 11th IEEE Intl. Conf. on Cloud Computing (CLOUD 2018), San Francisco, USA, 2018, pp. 936–940.
- A. A. Z. A. Ibrahim, S. Varrette, and P. Bouvry, “On Verifying and Assuring the Cloud SLA by Evaluating the Performance of SaaS Web Services Across Multi-cloud Providers,” in 48th Annual IEEE/IFIP Intl. Conf. on Dependable Systems and Networks Workshops (DNS’18), Luxembourg, 2018, pp. 69–70.
- A. A. Z. A. Ibrahim, S. Varrette, and P. Bouvry, “PRESENCE: Toward a Novel Approach for Performance Evaluation of Mobile Cloud SaaS Web Services ,” in Proc. of the 32nd IEEE Intl. Conf. on Information Networking (ICOIN 2018), Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2018, pp. 50–55.